No Borders Universal Migration

No Borders Advocates Newsletter

Issue #1 June 2013

Topics of this issue

Hello Readers

Welcome back for another great issue of our newsletter! We're really pleased to bring you some varied and helpful information this week. Whether it's bringing over family members with you for support, or just general help with getting yourself into Australia and safely settled, No Borders Group has you covered! Read on to find out more about your options and opportunities here in Australia, and as always we wish you luck with all your migration matters.

back to top

Providing an Expression of Interest (EOI)

Mitchell Ramstadius | May 2013

When you're planning on applying for a Skilled Visa an EOI can be a great indication to the Department that you want your case to be considered. An EOI is not a visa application itself; it is merely an early point of contact to DIAC to let them know you're interested in pursuing a Skilled Visa. For an EOI, you will need to provide a range of different information dependent upon which visa you want to be considered for. Some common information you'll need to provide will be:

  • Basic personal information
  • Your nominated occupation
  • Study, education and work experience
  • The level of your English skills

For more information on exactly what information is required from you it is recommended you view the webpage of the particular visa you plan to apply for. It is very IMPORTANT to know that if you are invited to apply for a visa the information you provide for your EOI is used as part of your application. Submitting incorrect information on your EOI can result in your application being refused, subjecting you to a three year ban which may prevent you from being granted a further visa.

back to top

Parent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 103)

Mitchell Ramstadius | May 2013

This visa is for people who are a parent of a child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen at the time the application is lodged. Your child must have been a lawful resident of Australia for a reasonable period of time which is normally two years, although there are exceptions in compelling and compassionate circumstances. You must also be able to demonstrate one of the following:

  • At least half of your children are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens who are usually resident in Australia.
  • You have more children living in Australia as Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens than in any other country.

This Visa allows you as a Parent to become a permanent resident, giving you various benefits. You can work and study in Australia, and receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS). You can also access certain social security payments, and become eligible to apply for Australian citizenship if you meet the residency eligibility criteria. The Parent Visa is great for bringing you and your child together in the beautiful country of Australia.

back to top

Student Guardian Visa

Mitchell Ramstadius | May 2013

A young student travelling overseas to study without their family can be very daunting. This is where a Student Guardian Visa can become their saving grace. People studying in Australia on a student visa may need a guardian if they are younger than 18 years of age. Exceptional circumstances are also occasionally approved where a student over 18 years of age may need a guardian for religious or cultural reasons. With this visa you are allowed to live in Australia for the same length of time as the student you are acting as guardian for, or until they turn eighteen. You can also bring dependent children under six years of age over to Australia with you, provided they meet specific eligibility requirements.

For more detailed information on this Visa and advice on how to apply, visit this website:

back to top

Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)

Mitchell Ramstadius | May 2013

When you're a skilled worker looking for permanent residency, two primary options available to you are the ENS and the RSMS. The ENS allows skilled International workers or skilled temporary residents who live and work in Australia to apply for permanent residency. There are three different streams to the scheme:

  • The Temporary Residence Transition stream caters to 457 visa holders who have worked for two years and have been offered a permanent position by their employer.
  • The Direct Entry stream is for people who have minimal to no experience working in the Australian labour market.
  • The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour or regional migration agreement. The RSMS is a valuable alternative to the ENS to consider if you're trying to gain Permanent Residency. It is quite similar to the ENS with the same three streams, however it is only for work in regional areas of Australia. This effectively means you can't work in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle, Wollongong or the Gold Coast. It has various advantages over the ENS such as:
    • If applying under the Temporary Residence Transition Stream RSMS applications get priority processing over ENS applicants
    • If your occupation aligns with an ANZSCO from major groups 1 or 2, or a non-trade occupation from major group 3, you can often apply for an RSMS visa without having to get a positive skills assessment
    • If your employer can't reach the Training Benchmark Requirement you can still apply for the Direct Entry Stream of the RSMS as it is not required for this visa

back to top

Helping you with your Insurances Setup

Jensen Tan | May 2013

Before visiting Australia, it is important to understand how the Australian healthcare system works and what it means for you when applying for your visa. On selected visas, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) may require you to purchase and maintain adequate health insurance arrangements. This may be required for the duration of your intended stay in Australia.

The healthcare system in Australia is made up of two components:

  • 1. Medicare
  • 2. Private Health Insurance


Medicare is Australia's public healthcare system. It provides free or subsidised cover for certain healthcare costs to all Australian citizens and permanent residents.

Private Health Insurance

One of Job2Go's business partners is a leading healthcare leader with over three million clients in their care. BUPA is a provider of health insurance, a necessary component for every overseas worker on a 457 visa. BUPA offers a range of insurance covers made especially to suit the needs of international workers.

As you are reading this and are considering choosing a professional and affordable health insurance provider, BUPA is offering a 5% discount off their insurance packs for friends of Job2Go and No Borders Migration. To have more information and to take advantage of this offer, visit or contact us today

back to top

"Where Art Thou" Job section – Automotive mechanics, Panel Beaters and Vehicle Spray Painters!

Jensen Tan | May 2013

For a foreigner to live in Australia, he/she needs an Australian visa. For a foreigner to work in Australia, he/she needs an Australia visa AND a job. Finding a job is as tough as the current migration laws. This is where Job2Go comes into the picture.


Do you enjoy working with vehicles? We have got employers who are urgently looking for car mechanics, technicians, and panel beaters, spray painters, and more. They are willing to sponsor YOU on a work visa. This visa will allow YOU and your family to live and work in Australia.

Job2Go is currently in the process of upgrading the skills of overseas automotive specialists (panel beaters, car spray painters, etc.). If you are interested in knowing more information on how to upgrade your skills with us, send an email to Don't forget to attach your resume and add information about your nationality, age and your years of experience in the automative industry.

Do write in your email that you saw this newsletter post too! For those who have Facebook and would like to receive the latest news on career advice and even just to be friends with us; LIKE us here - Facebook we also have a Twitter page for the Tweeterbirds! - Twitter

We hope that you have found the information in this issue of our newsletter to be enriching and useful. Stay tuned for our next publication and if you would like to talk to us directly, please do not hesitate to email In addition, if you would like your contact details updated or removed from this distribution list or you know someone who would like to be added, please email me on the same address.

back to top

"The only limits to being the person you truly want to be are your own self-limiting beliefs and thoughts. In every moment, you have the power to choose your life"

NO BORDERS Migration Advocates
Level 4, 20 Park Road
Milton 4064

Website :