• IMMIGRATION
  • NEWS AND ARTICLES

Increase of Visa Application Charges



The Australian government has increased the fee for visa applications.Immigration News

Money

This past May the Australian government announced that visa application charges would increase as part of the Federal Budget for 2019/20. Today, on the 1st of July 2019, these increased charges have come into effect. The charges have increased by 2.25% for the Consumer Price Index AND by 5.4% as announced in the Federal Budget. In total this is an increase of 7.65%; additionally fees will be rounded to the nearest $5.

The majority of visas were affected by this charge increase, with the exception of the Subclass 600 Visitor visa. Below are the new fees for some of the more common visa types:

Visa Type

Subclass

Base Application Fee

Aged Parent

804

$6,415

Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)

188 Visa

188

Innovation and Investment $5,375

Significant Investor $7,880

Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent)

888 Visa

888

$2,590

Business Talent

132 Visa

132

$7,855

Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary)

884

$33,285

Contributory Aged Parent / Contributory Parent

864 / 143

$47,755

Contributory Parent (Temporary)

173

$31,930

Distinguished Talent

124 / 885

$4,110

Employer Nomination Scheme

186

$4,045

Investor

891

$2,450

Parent

103

$6,415

Partner Visa

309 & 100 / 820 & 801

$7,715

Prospective Marriage Visa

300

$7,715

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

187

$4,045

Skilled Independent

189

$4,045

Skilled Nominated

190

$4,045

Skilled Regional (Provisional)

489

$4,045

Sponsored Parent (Temporary)

870

Up to 3 years $5,000

Up to 5 years $10,000

Student / Student Guardian

500 / 590

$620

Temporary Graduate

485

$1,650

Temporary Skills Shortage

482

Short-Term $1,265

Medium and Long-Term $2,645

Work and Holiday

462 / 417

$485

 

Business Visa Australia

188 / 132 /888

Innovation and Investment $5,375

Significant Investor $7,880

Despite the increase in government fees, our professional fees are still the same. Contact us today on 1300 066 267 to obtain a quote!

Author: No Borders Webmaster             Readers: 2067