457 Temporary Work Visa
This visa is suitable for people who are well qualified with work experience in their field. It aims to meet Australia's skills shortages and gives successful applicants permanent residence. This visa is appropriate for those who hold a university qualification or trade qualifications. 457
Minimum 3 months – Maximum 4 years
How it works
As an Employee:
- be nominated to work in an approved occupation on the Skilled Occupation Lists
- meet the skill requirements for the nominated occupation
- meet registration and licensing obligations
- speak vocational English
- have been nominated by an approved business.
As a Sponsor
To become a sponsor, you must be able to show that your business:
- is a lawfully operating business
- has no relevant adverse information against your business.
- Australian businesses must also demonstrate their commitment to employing local labour as well as non-discriminatory recruitment practices.
- There is no age limit for this visa.
- Your nominated occupation is on the list of approved occupations (SOL List from DIAC).
- You will have to show evidence of your Skills, Qualifications and relevant Work Experience (Work References).
- You have an up-to-date Health Examination.
- You can show a minimum of English Level IELTS 5 in all components
- Evidence of adequate health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia